Hello and welcome to The Cooking Wardrobe.
How are you all doing? Fine? Well? Great? Meh? So, so? No matter how you are feeling as long as you are alive and well, believe with me that tomorrow will be better than today. Having said that though I think we should also be prepared at all times as things don't always go according to plan.
I want to believe that we've all been through times when our spirits are high to "the glass is half full" level, when we are so optimistic that we think we are so prepared nothing will surprise us anymore then all of a sudden you hear something that knocks you out for six. You feel as if you've been hit in the abdomen so hard with a sledge hammer, your spirit man is bending over, even rolling on the floor in pain, crying in your head while smiling and joking around. You see believing that whatever the situation, it shall eventually pass gives us the strength to joke around and smile even when we don't feel like it.
Last week a colleague sent me the below write up and I thought I would share it on the blog. If it blesses one person who reads the blog today, then I believe this came to me for that one person.
Life Is a Gift
Today before you think of saying an unkind word–
• think of someone who can’t speak.
Before you complain about the taste of your food–
• think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife–
• think of someone who is crying out to God for a companion.
Today before you complain about life–
• think of someone who went too early to heaven.
Before you complain about your children–
• think of someone who desires children but they’re barren.
Before you argue about your dirty house, someone didn’t clean or sweep–
• think of the people who are living in the streets.
Before whining about the distance you drive–
• think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job–
• think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.
But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another–
• remember that not one of us are without sin and we all answer to one maker.
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down–
• put a smile on your face and thank God you’re alive and still around.
Life is a gift – Live it, Enjoy it, Celebrate it, and Fulfill it.
Today's outfit I wore to catch up with a friend. Hope you like it. Thank you for coming over and reading, as you go out this week "let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works" Matt:5:16.
Top: Forever New
Shoes: Lexx Moda